The Bucket list adventure
Discover some of the most gorgeous landscapes in our country as you embark on our RAWEST Escapade. Gear up for the drive as you take in the majesty of the surrounding Spiti Valley. We begin this journey in Chandigarh where you’ll have a chance to get to know your fellow travellers. From there you’ll begin what is sure to be the escapade of a lifetime as you zip to Narkanda. Moving on, the scenic beauty of Kinnaur Valley will take your breath away and you will end the night at Chitkul which is the last inhabited village before the Indo-China border.
Find yourself in awe of the sights around you as the journey progresses towards Kalpa. On your way to Kaza you’ll be smitten by the view of the Leo Purygal Peak and gaze upon the Malling Nallah. You will now have truly entered Spiti Valley and the sights only get more and more miraculous from here. You’ll have the chance to visit the world’s highest post office as well as the highest village connected by motorable road. You’ll also have the chance to get truly raw as you stay under the stars Kalpa and enjoy the pictures . The last leg of this journey will be a long and scenic drive to Shimla. This truly is the trip of a lifetime.
Route: Chandigarh - Narkanda - Sangla - Chitkul - Tabo - Kaza - Kalpa - Simla
Total Distance: 1,180 kms Vehicle: Force Traveller
Day 0- Meet and greet
- Hatu Peak: Soaring at a dizzying height of nearly 12,000 feet above sea level, the Hatu Peak is the highest peak in the entire Shimla district, located in Narkanda.
- Sangla Valley: At the heart of Kinnaur is Sangla valley. It offers a delight of greenery and evergreen mountains before you enter the Great Spiti Valley.
- Chitkul: Chitkul, on the banks of Baspa River, is the first village of the Baspa Valley and the last village on the old Hindustan-Tibet trade route. It is also the last point in India one can travel to without a permit.
- Nako: 12,014 feet above sea level, Nako Lake offers a glimpse into the realm of lakes of Himalayas. The reflection of trees and snowclad mountains on this peaceful lake will briefing you to a stillness.
- Gue Monastery: Mummy of Sangha Tenzin, a 500-year-old self-mummified tomb is one of the greatest attractions of the world. It is said that Sangha Tenzin Self mummified himself to save the town from being attacked by scorpions.
- Tabo Monastery: The temples within the monastery complex in Tabo have a plethora of wall paintings and mud statues. Dalai Lama has expressed his desire to retire to Tabo Monastery, It is said to be a thousand years old and is considered as one of the holiest places in Buddhism.
- Kaza: Sitting huddled in the corner of Himachal Pradesh is a tranquil getaway on the plains of the Spiti River. Lapped by majestic mountains covered in snow, meandering and bubbling rivers and streams and picturesque barren landscape with scattered patches of green, Kaza is a dream destination.
- Key Monastery: It is the biggest monastery of Spiti Valley. It’s history is a legend. You will be surrounded by original books, scriptures, murals, paintings, and various other artefacts. The vibrations and chants will take you on a journey into your soul.
- Hikkim, Komic, Langza: Hikkim is the World’s Highest post office, Komic is world’s highest village and Langza has a giant Buddha Statue that is overlooking the Key monastery.
- Kibber: This is a remote village situated in Kibber wildlife Sanctuary known for Snow leopards and World’s Highest bridge, Chicham Bridge.
- Kalpa: Enoy the stunning beauty of Kinnaur at it’s heart, Kalpa. Here you can enjoy the views of the mighty Kinner Kailash and click pictures at the infamous suicide point.
Day 1 - Chandigarh to Narkanda
- Reach Chandigarh
- Get in Force Traveller and start towards Narkanda
Day 2 – Narkanda to Sangla
- Post Breakfast setup your gear and vehicle and start your expedition Spiti 2020.
- Join us for a small expedition to Hatu peak and sink in the glorious views of mountains of Himachal. You can visit the beautiful Hatu temple at the summit.
- Return to your cozy rooms and enjoy the campfire and the delicious native meal.
Day 3 – Sangla to Chitkul
- Wake up to a beautiful snowy morning of Narkanda. Enjoy the lovely tea/coffee and breakfast. Pack up and get ready for the next leg of your journey to Sangla Valley.
- Overnight stay at Sangla.
Day 4 – Chitkul to Tabo
- Now you are in the heart of Kinnaur
- From there you will be taken to the last village of India, Chitkul where lies the left bank of Baspa River and snow-clad mountains and the right bank where whole terrain is full of apple orchards and wooden houses.
- Spend the night and enjoy the campfire under the starry night. This is an excellent opportunity to test your photography skills and capture the mighty milky way.
- Overnight stay at Chitkul.
Day 5 – Tabo to Kaza
- Open your eyes to rays of light passing through the cleanest air in India.
- On the way to Tabo you will experience a massive difference in weather and terrain. As your transcend from the greenery of Sangla valley into the Great Spiti Valley. The staggering views and heart wrenching routes passing through these mountains will fill your heart with adventure that lies ahead, as you reach Nako you will realise the true Himalayan Ranges. The weather here stays at sub-zero all-round the year. And the mighty Nako lake adds an excellent contrast to the snowclad mountain ranges around you.
- Land at Tabo and spend the night in the land of lamas.
Day 6 - Hikkim - Komic - Langza - Key Monastery
- Post breakfast visit Gue Monastery. Start your journey to meet the Great Sangha Tenzin. A monk who self-mummified to save the great village of Gue from scorpions. The mummy is dated 500 years old and is the only self-mummification anomaly found in India.
- Stop is Dhankar monastery and Gompa that is surrounded by a lunar landscape.
- Post lunch leave for Kaza. Rest for the day and enjoy a delicious meal under the starry night by the campfire surrounded by the mountains of this cold desert.
- Now you wake up in the capital of Spiti Valley, Kaza. Post breakfast visit Spiti Valleys largest monastery, Ki Monastery, Hikkim - world’s highest post office, Komik, world’s highest restaurant and Langza world’s highest Budhha idol which is overlooking the Ki monastery.
P.S: You can post someone a letter from this post office before 4.00 pm to your loved ones from the highest post office in the world; at Komik.
Day 7 – Kaza to Kalpa
- Come back to your hotel at Kaza by evening and settle for a cup of Seabuckthorn tea at our hotel with a view of valley.
Day 8 – Kalpa to Shimla
- Enoy the stunning beauty of Kinnaur at it’s heart, Kalpa. Here you can enjoy the views of the mighty Kinner Kailash and click pictures at the infamous suicide point.
- Overnight stay at Kalpa.
- Wake up to the beautiful Kinnaur and start for the last leg of your journey to Shimla.
- Time to say goodbye to Spiti Valley till next time.
- Your trip ends here
- Reach Shimla, enjoy a stroll in the beautiful markets of Shimla or enjoy the Victorian architecture.
- You can take the Volvo back to Chandiigarh/Delhi.
2nd, April to 9th April
30th April to 7th May
28th May to 4th June
9th, April to 16th April
7th May to 14th May
16th April to 23rd April
14th May to 21st May
23rd April to 30th April
21st May to 28th May
- Travel in Force Traveller.
- Accommodation 3 person sharing, exception for couples and families.
- Meals according to itinerary; Lunch not included.
- Medical kit.
- Back up supplies.
- Expertise Charges.
- Fuel and maintenance.
- Meals that are not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any personal expenses like laundry, telephone bills, tips etc.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, road blocks..Etc (to be borne by the client directly on the spot.)
- Any other item which is not specified under cost inclusions
- Any entrance fee to the monastery and monuments.
- Travel Insurance.
- GST @ 5%
Must Carry by the customer
- Authentic Government ID Card
- Comfortable warm clothing like woollen socks, cap, fleece jackets or warmers, down jacket, toiletries.
- Sunscreen & lip balm, Good U/V protection sunglasses
- Personal Medicines (if any) & few medicines for altitude sickness (a must)
- Power Banks jacket, toiletries.