White water rafting at Kolad
Are you someone who wants to river raft? Are you a seasoned rafter? A fresh faced beginner? Whatever your level of expertise maybe you’ll find the experience at Kolad to be highly satisfying. Kolad is a part of the Raigad district in Maharashtra. This tiny village offers you not only a breathtaking backdrop of peaks and waterfalls but also a whole host of thrilling activities to keep the adrenaline pumping.
You can indulge in adventure sports like rappelling, kayaking, rock climbing among others. The main draw for most though would be the rafting. Kolad is home to the Kundalika River, which is one of the fastest flowing rivers in the area. You will be accompanied by an experienced guide on your adventure so even if it’s your first time you’ll go in fully prepared. The thrill of hitting the rapids is sure to get your blood pumping; there’s no better way to fully live in the moment.
The course down the river isn’t particularly long but it’s filled with heart-racing rapids and moments of serene beauty. The water is clean and cool and the end of the course is a brilliant place to take a dip and unwind. If your trip coincides with some light rain then you’re in for an absolute treat. The greenery in Kolad really comes to life with a bit of cloudburst.
Though the temperatures stay relatively pleasant it can get rather hot on a bright day. Packing some sunscreen with you wouldn’t go amiss. As with any such outdoor trip bug repellant of some sort is a must. The activities in Kolad are best enjoyed in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Given the frequency at which you’d get wet it wouldn’t hurt to pack an extra change of clothes.
Of course there is a whole lot to do apart from just the adventure sports. Kolad is rife with greenery and scenic beauty making it ideal for a leisurely stroll accompanied by your camera. Even the man made structures in the area lend to the appeal. The dam is a majestic construction and you can even catch sight of a couple of forts. Your photo album from Kolad is one you’ll find yourself visiting over and over.
Kolad is situated only a few hours away from Mumbai by road. Given its proximity and the plethora of activities on offer it makes for the perfect weekend getaway. Whether you’re a big group seeking a thrill or even just a solo traveler looking for an idyllic getaway Kolad will give you something to smile about.
How to reach?
From Mumbai –
The distance from Mumbai to Kolad is approximately 122 km.
– In case you are travelling via Kodambakkam – Mumbai Hwy and Khopoli – Pali Rd. Then you will reach Kolad in approximately 2 h 26 min.
– If you are travelling via MH SH 104 and NH66, you would reach Kolad in approximately 2 h 48 min.
– In case you plan to travel from Mumbai to Kolad via NH66, then you would take approximately 3 h 27 min.
One can take a day train from Mumbai (Dadar and CST) railway station to Kolad railway station. The time taken to reach Kolad from Mumbai by train is approximately 2 hours
From Pune –
The distance from Pune to Kolad is approximately 144.4km.
– If you are travelling through the Mumbai –Pune Expressway, you would reach Kolad in approximately 3 hours.
– If you are travelling via Tamhini Ghat Rd, then you would reach Kolad in approximately 2 h 50 min.
One can take a train from Pune railway station to Kolad railway station. The time taken to reach Kolad from Pune by train is approximately 3.5 hours. The train passes via Lonavala.
03.00 pm Check in 04.00 pm Briefing 09.00 pm Bon Fire & BBQ(extra charge) 09.30 pm Dinner 08.30 am Breakfast 09.00 am River rafting 13 kms 11.00 am Back to resort 01.00 pm Lunch 03.00 pm Check out
Evening snacks,dinner, BBQ, breakfast, lunch, River rafting, trainer fee, guidances fee. Exclusions: Cycling, Extra orders on food and drinks, transport, Rifle shooting , Kayaking or any other activity then river rafting are charged extra, BBQ Other Inclusions: · Life jackets · Equipment · Instructor Type of stay: Cottages, Dorms and Chalet(Extra charge) 1350 Rafting +1350 Stay and food Total: 2600 Per person/night *Note: The given tariff is not for Chalet stay.
· All the participants must be above 15 years · Though physical fitness is not a hard and fast requirement, a minimal fitness level is must · Non-swimmers can also participate in the activities · Participants with ailment like asthma, heart ailments, fear of water and expecting mothers are not allowed · Participants must be below 120kg. · In case of bad / poor weather conditions or forest entry / government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try its best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same. · In case of transport breakdowns, the trip operator will try to get it fixed in minimum time possible and will also try to arrange an alternate vehicle in such cases. Travellers are advised to cooperate. · In the interest of all travellers in the group, in case any of the travellers misbehave with any other fellow traveller in the group or the trip guide / operator, the trip can be either suspended or the misbehaving traveller may be asked to leave the trip immediately. No refund will be processed in such cases. · Alcohol should not be carried or consumed during the trip. Cancellation Policy · Cancelling the package 15 days before the booked dates will result in 100% refund. · Cancelling the package 7 days before the booked dates will result in 50% refund. · Cancelling the package 2-1 days before the booked dates will result in 25% refund. Confirmation Policy The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful book.